If you need the materials to build your own boat, or are short on time, a kayak kit is the way to go. Guillemot Kayaks does not make kits, instead we have teamed up with the best suppliers in the business. Chesapeake Light Craft brings their expertise at manufacturing high quality small boat and kayak kits to producing Guillemot Kayak's designs.
You can count on CLC providing a complete kit with the finest materials available. Their years of experience producing and shipping kits assures you will get precision cut parts, reliable shipping, and excellent technical support.
For our customers in the UK, we have recently come to an agreement with Fyne Boat Kits in the UK to market kits for our designs through out the UK and Europe.
Fyne Boat Kits have been manufacturing boat kits in the UK since 1998 and have an extensive range whic now includes the Guillemot Kayaks designs by Nick Schade. They are the sole UK and Eurepean manufacturing agents and distribute either through agents (if there is one in your country) or direct. Over the years they have build up extensive experience about how best to ship delicate wooden boat panels across Europe.
Available Kayak and Canoe Kits
- See strip-plank kits for the Guillemot kayak series
- See kits for the strip built Auk kayak series
- See kits for the strip-built Petrels and Night Herons which are also available in hybrid and stitch and glue versions.
- See kits for some of Nick Schade's other cedar strip kayak designs
- See kits for the wood strip Nymph Canoe
- See Stitch and Glue Kayak Kits including the Matunuck Surf Kayak and the Sea Island Sport Sit-on-Top Kayak
- Note: If you don't need a complete kit and just need cove and bead cedar strips, a kayak seat, fiberglass or epoxy, or any other boating accessory or tool for building boats, CLC can set you up.