Required tools for S&G Night Heron Kayak Building Class
Some of the schools may have some of these tools, but if you want to be better prepared with your own tools these are what we use:
- Organic Vapor Respirator - For use when handling epoxy. It is strongly suggested that you purchase a quality respirator for the class. Schools usually don't provide these. They may be found at most home centers or automotive part suppliers. They can also be ordered from Jamestown Distributors.
- Low Angle Block Plane - Such as Stanley, Record or Lie Nielsen.
- "Four-in-hand" File (aka "Shoe Rasp")
- Replaceble Blade Utility Knife
- Pliers and Diagonal Wire Cutters
- Bright Flashlight such as those that use cordless drill batteries or 6V lantern.
- Paint Scraper